Tuesday, 9 February 2010
The other exciting news is that we have started a needlework group at the AWA in Vienna. Now each Friday morning there are three or four of us working away on knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, or what have you. I really enjoy having stiching friends!
This is a Thea Dueck design that I finished in December. I did make a few changes; Colour scheme, of course. The open work areas were always the same (as on the lower E) just switched back and forth between the hemstitching and the hardanger. I chose to use a variety of stitches. The hardest one was the filling for the uppermost heart. The book made a big point of the importance of keeping the tension even, and recommended not using it for an area greater than 3 x 3 holes. I quite understand that advice, but I think the result was worth the extra effort.