Tuesday, 9 February 2010

This is a Thea Dueck design that I finished in December. I did make a few changes; Colour scheme, of course. The open work areas were always the same (as on the lower E) just switched back and forth between the hemstitching and the hardanger. I chose to use a variety of stitches. The hardest one was the filling for the uppermost heart. The book made a big point of the importance of keeping the tension even, and recommended not using it for an area greater than 3 x 3 holes. I quite understand that advice, but I think the result was worth the extra effort.

No comments: