Friday 11 June 2010

Course sucessfully finished

The computer continues to be sick - it is that rather than lack of stiching or my own health that has kept me from posting.

I have just finished teaching a course. I was asked to develop a class to teach more stitches to those who already do cross stitch. The course was held at a small craft shop North East of Vienna. We made a Biscornu using 11 different stitches. We also looked at several pieces that I have stitched over the years and books from my collection to see how different stitches can be used. I found that even more than the new stiches, the ladies appreciated tips that I had picked up from my (mostly on-line) friends over the years.

Now I should translate the course handouts into English, so I have them in both English and German. For me it was a challenge to teach in German, and to teach adults (formally). I found it very tiring, but satisfying. Now I'm supposed to design a small Christmas mat in Hardanger that the group can do in November.

No comments: